Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grateful

The past few days have been some of the hardest I have had to face and I must say that I am grateful. Not necessarily for the hardships, but for the people who unquestioningly and unselfishly stood in the gap and held me up when I couldn't stand on my own.

I wrote something about this in my post Braver, Stronger, Smarter. I said "I pray that Christ's power may be perfected in your weakness and that he will send you someone to help pick you up."

Little did I know that those words would ring true for me just one month later. God's grace is sufficient for me. His power is made perfect in weakness. The power of Christ dwells in me.

I can honestly say that those words really didn't come to mind as I was sitting in the ER with Kevin on Monday wondering what was going on and if he was going to be okay. I was just scared and worried. I needed Christ's grace and power in the midst of my weakness. I believe he demonstrated that power and grace by surrounding me with family and friends who could be strong when I could not be.

To my "people" who stood in the gap, you know who you are and I cannot express enough how much you mean to me. Thank you for holding me up, letting me cry and helping me get to another day. I am blessed to have you in my life.

This is why I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment